Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd (Company reg No – 12000312) are a recruitment specialist who provides a range of recruitment services to clients seeking to recruit employees and candidates seeking employment across the Coventry and Warwickshire market. We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) in order to provide these services and in doing so, act as a “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation that came into the act on 25th May 2018. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients, candidates and users of our website.
Who are we?
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd (Company reg No – 12000312) is a recruitment specialist who provides a range of recruitment services to clients seeking to recruit employees and candidates seeking employment. Our registered address is Union House, 111 Union Street, Coventry, CV1 2NT.
How do we collect your information?
As a recruitment business, we collect personal data submitted from our website contact form, our direct application forms and direct contact with our consultants. Additionally, we subscribe to job boards that you are subscribed to that will either push your data towards us or we will search for your details when seeking to match your skills to vacancies we are working on. We will only use your data in accordance with the subscription agreement set out on any such job board. We also collect data from various advertising networks such as Facebook Advertising via Facebook Pixel.
What type of information do we collect?
We will collect your personal details (including but not limited to) such as your name and contact details (Address, email and telecommunications), Employment history and other relevant information from your CV. Once you have agreed on a temporary contract with us we will also need to obtain the following sensitive personal data such as copies of your ID and qualifications in order to comply with the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Why do we collect your information?
We collect your personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide recruitment services to our clients and those candidates seeking work. For example, updating you about new job opportunities, updating our database records, accessing your suitability for opportunities and further developing our relationships with candidates and clients. There may be some occasions where we would be required to use your data for investigating, reporting or detecting crime and to ensure compliance with legislation relating to our industry.
The legal bases that we rely upon to be able to offer our services to you are as follows:
- Your consent;
- Where we have a legitimate interest;
- In order to comply with any legal obligations;
- In order to fulfil a contractual obligation, we have with you.
Legitimate interest is where we have a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Our legitimate interests are as follows:
- In order to manage our CRM/database and to keep client/candidate files up to date;
- In order to aid individuals seeking employment, this would include sending your information to our clients in cases where you have expressed an interest in undertaking that type of work;
- Contacting you with information about similar services/products that you have engaged with us about recently.
Who do we share your information with?
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- All employees of Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd;
- Clients that we are seeking to introduce or have been asked to supply individuals to;
- Candidates former or prospective employers that we either obtain or provide references to
- Our CRM Providers, FireFish Software;
- Any 3rd party umbrella companies where candidates have expressed interest or wish to engage their services;
- Any 3rd party organisations that we may use to conduct suitability checks on candidates seeking work. For example – Companies House, Accounting professional bodies such as ACCA or CIMA;
- Any organisation that an individual has asked us to share their data with
There may be situations where your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (For example our client may require this information) and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You will be required to provide this personal data, failure to do so may result in us not being able to introduce you to that client.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
The Company will not transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. You can request we destroy this information at any time. Under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, we are required to keep candidate records for at least one year from either the date of their creation or after the date on which we last provide you with recruitment services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period, we will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted, we will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
What rights do you have?
GDPR regulations provide the following rights to individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed about the personal data we process on you;
- The right of access to the personal data we process on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, this can be done by contacting David Whittle at GDPR@bespoke-recruitment.com
There may be circumstances where we will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
You have the right to ask us to correct any mistakes in your information (Free of charge). If you would like us to do this please contact us at GDPR@bespoke-recruitment.com letting us have enough information to identify you and what information we have that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data, we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
For general updates of information such as a change of address or contact details please email email@example.com or contact our consultants.
Complaints or queries
If you have any questions relating to this policy or our privacy practices please contact David Whittle, GDPR@bespoke-recruitment.com, 02476 93 93 77. It is also your right to raise any concerns you have with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant authority.
This policy was last updated in Aug 2020.